To avoid hackers from getting into your own network connection, adding a password to your Linksys wifi router is the best solution you can have. It will keep unauthorized access from getting information which should be kept private. Putting a password in your router is very easy. Anyone can do it if you just follow the steps below. This will help you protect your home or office network.
- See to it your router is on and you will need to go to 192.168.1.1 utilizing your own web browser on your desktop or laptop. Make sure it is plugged into your router with probably wired or wireless.
- Just have the username blank after which key by the password field “admin. Press “OK” option so you will be navigated to the router’s web launch web page. Any time you find it difficult to login by using the default password mentioned and never recognize the personalized one, it is essential to restart your router.
- On the page, just hit the “Administration” button. At that time press “Management” tab and that is located on the left portion of navigation spot.
- You will instantly produce the password of one’s router. Simply add the password by the “Router Password” field and then re-enter it for confirmation on the field provided. Be sure you recall the password you have typed in. You will definitely reset once again the router which enables you to connect to the installation page and straight into beginning of this situation.
- Basically click the “Save Settings” so that your password shall be stored. It is saved immediately and also you don’t have to restart your router. You could instantly login to your new password allowing you to keep with your connection within your network.
These are the simple steps to protect your Linksys modem router. Just follow the steps carefully.